Re: Is this a known problem with getenv() ?

Regarding my problem (extra entries being added to my path when I run a
program under X11) I've tracked the problem down a bit further and I've
realised that it isn't a problem with getenv().  In actual fact, the problem
seems to be caused by startxwin.bat and xterm, which both seem to be
contributing extra entries to my PATH..

If I edit startxwin.bat to remove the line that modifies PATH - and to
comment out the call to xterm, the problem goes away.  However, if I launch
an xterm (which is desirable) it mysteriously seems to acquire some extra
PATH entries from somewhere.

Can anyone suggest where they might be coming from?

Thanks,

John