Re: sftp Key info

On 09/24/2009 03:47 PM, Dave M wrote:
Larry,
Um, OK. I just don't know what questions to ask. I am not sure how it is
"supposed" to work (sftp), so I am not sure if I am doing it right and it
is not working or I am entering the incorrect info. Which key needs to be
on the remote machine, the pub or private key?

As you might expect, the private key is private so that remains on the local machine.
This is a basic tenant of public key authentication. You only want the public information
known to non-local machines.

FWIW, the information you listed in your previous message as input to whatever
program you're using looked like a good guess to me.

Holliston, MA 01746