This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ls / does not show /c with cygdrive prefix=/
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 13:32:41 +0200
- Subject: Re: ls / does not show /c with cygdrive prefix=/
- References: <1254099878.2604.21.camel@mward-laptop>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sep 28 11:04, Mikel Ward wrote:
> Hi All
> If I use a standard install with the cygdrive prefix as /cygdrive, the
> drive letters appear in a directory listing:
> $ ls /cygdrive
> c d w
> But if I change cygdrive to /, they don't:
> $ mount -c /
> $ ls /
> Cygwin.bat bin dev home opt sbin usr
> Cygwin.ico cygdrive etc lib proc tmp var
> But of course, they are there:
> $ ls /c
> $Recycle.Bin PerfLogs
> That's as Administrator. Adding the -s flag to mount doesn't help,
> neither does a reboot.
> Is there any way to make /c, etc. appear in the listing?
Manually, yes, automatically, no. You can change your cygdrive
folder to any other folder and the drives will show up there.
This has only been disabled for the root folder for performance
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple