Re: latest libstdc++ causing ffmpeg & mplayer to segfault

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Dave Korn
<dave.korn.cygwin@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Nathan Thern wrote:
>> Yaakov-
>> I thought I would bring this to your attention ...
>
> ?Compiler problems are always worth reporting on the main list too!
>
>> I just discovered that ffmpeg and mplayer are segfaulting on me. They
>> had been working fine (thanks for providing them, by the way :-) ). I
>> tracked down that the latest libstdc++ (libstdc++6-4.3.4-1 from the
>> std distro) was causing it. Installing the previous version
>> (libstdc++6-4.3.2-2) fixed things.

Hm... thanks for pointing that out. I figured it wasn't a compiler
problem and that re-compiling the apps would fix things & we would be
on our merry way. However, it may be that libstdc++6-4.3.4 is broken.

regards,
NT