TeXmacs package running slow

Hi all
I've just installed the latest version of Cygwin with all packages on
my Vista Laptop. The problem I've been having is that the included
version of TeXmacs seems to run a bit slow, at times it becomes
unusable.

Is there anyway of speeding this up? Any help in making it reliable to
use would be much appreciated.

Sorry, I wasn't sure where else to post this.

Many Thanks

Anthony