Re: [1.7] windows 7 with networked drives - ls failure and mount -c does not stick...

On Oct 16 00:00, Paul J. Ghosh wrote:
> First off - thanks Corinna - the rxvt/run issue on Windows 7 is
> resolved with 1.7 - thread:
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2009-10/msg00372.html
>
> Now onto reporting bugs... ?I am running cygwin ?1.7.0-62 on Windows 7.
>
> 'ls' on network drives is failing.

That's not helpful.  I'm using ls all the time on network drives and
it's not failing for me.  Please see http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Detailed bug reports are the bread of bug fixing.

>?Also, mount -c '/' does not seem to stick.

As documented.  There are a *lot* of changes from 1.5 to 1.7.  That's
why reading the User's Guide is such a good idea...
http://cygwin.com/1.7/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#mount-table
http://cygwin.com/1.7/cygwin-ug-net/using-utils.html#mount

However, I encourage you to read all of it:
http://cygwin.com/1.7/cygwin-ug-net/cygwin-ug-net.html

Corinna

Red Hat