From: jurriaan@rivierenland.xs4all.nl
[mailto:jurriaan@rivierenland.xs4all.nl]
Sent: 23 October 2009 19:08
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: "Permission denied" on /usr/bin/sh when running gmake with
multiple jobs

From: John Daintree <johnd@dyalog.com>
Date: Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 12:02:52PM +0100
> I've installed the beta of cygwin 1.7 and I have the same problem there.

You're not running something like a virus scanner, are you? I know my
scripts throw some strange errors when McAfee is running. Why these
errors mostly happen at night while I'm in bed, I'm not sure. However, I
do know that since I've disabled McAfee, I sleep a lot better since work
never calls in the middle of the night.

HTH,
Jurriaan