Re: ash "gotcha", other 1.7 upgrade wrinles

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
- In my experience, I have to rebase everything (Windows 7, like
Vista, shows this fork-failure behavior depending on where dll's
load into virtual memory); that's ok, though not fun

I haven't found that on any of my Win7 installations but that probably reflects more my usage than yours. Still rebasing everything is probably overkill, though likely easier to do.

You also have to consider is whether you have UAC enabled on your Win7 installation AND whether you're running 32-bit or 64-bit. You may not think these things should matter but in my experience, they do.

-Edward