Re: Cannot access Samba share; cannot rebuild cygwin1.dll

On Sun, Nov 01, 2009 at 01:32:19AM -0500, John Berger wrote:
>First is the "function not implemented" problem that is plaguing
>Samba users with Windows 7.   (I even upgraded to Samba 3.4.3 in the
>unlikely event that it fixed the problem.  No dice.)  This issue was
>already covered in another thread and mentioned a DLL that was
>available to fix the problem.
>[snip]
>It would probably be good to make this link public as well.  With
>Windows 7 now out and multiple people experiencing this problem, the
>fixed DLL should be made public with a very blatant warning about using it.

The link *is* available.  Go to the Cygwin web page and download Cygwin
1.7 which is talked about in the "Cygwin release 1.7 in BETA testing"
section.

It's hard to see how you found a discussion about this without realizing
that you could just install Cygwin 1.7.x.
--
Christopher Faylor			spammer? ->	aaaspam@sourceware.org
Cygwin Co-Project Leader				aaaspam@duffek.com