Re: Cannot access Samba share; cannot rebuild cygwin1.dll

On Sun, 1 Nov 2009 16:31:04 +0000, Andy Koppe wrote:
>I think John was referring to the Samba-related fix talked about here:
>
>http://www.mail-archive.com/cygwin@cygwin.com/msg101874.html
>
>That isn't in a release yet, but I see there's a new snapshot at
>http://www.cygwin.com/snapshots/ that should contain it.

THANK YOU, Andy! That's exactly what I was looking for! (I saw the snapshot link, too, but it just didn't click in the wee hours of the morning...) I can access my file server again, although there does seem to be a performance hit through Samba for some reason. That's fine for now because I backup my home server when I go to sleep, so I won't see the performance hit anyway. I'll make sure to download 1.7 when it's official.

For what it's worth, this is the first panic-making problem I've encountered with Cygwin in years. Can't say the same thing about Microsoft.