Re: Binary distribution and DLLs

On Nov  2 09:46, Jason Pyeron wrote:
> [...]

I'm not sure he is and the user rights come first per the GPL.  Not only
that the application has to be put under an OSS license, it's also
required to distribute the Cygwin DLL with sources, accoding to the
GPL Section 3)

    a) Accompany it with the complete corresponding machine-readable
    source code, which must be distributed under the terms of Sections
    1 and 2 above on a medium customarily used for software interchange;

or

    b) Accompany it with a written offer, valid for at least three
    years, to give any third party, for a charge no more than your
    cost of physically performing source distribution, a complete
    machine-readable copy of the corresponding source code, to be
    distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium
    customarily used for software interchange;

Paragraph c) isn't valid here.

This is the right of the user of the software.  You must offer the
sources in one of these ways, or you're violating the GPL.  If the
user doesn't exercise this right, it's the user's choice, not the
distributor's choice.

Corinna

Red Hat