RE: Binary distribution and DLLs

> Binary distribution?  You are aware that linking an
> application against the Cygwin DLL requires to put your
> application under a compatible Open Source license, aren't
> you?  See http://cygwin.com/license.html

Yes, it already is GPLed and the source will be included. However, most
users do not want to compile things for themselves (at least in this
instance).

> I'm not sure he is and the user rights come first per the GPL.
>  Not only that the application has to be put under an OSS
> license, it's also required to distribute the Cygwin DLL
>  with sources, accoding to the GPL Section 3)

As I said in my original e-mail, I'm not planning to distribute cygwin1.dll.
This would be installed by Cygwin's setup.exe.

My query is regarding other DLLs (which I have already said I would include
the source for, if I included the binary).

Cheers,
Jon