Re: unable to switch to gcc 4

Andy Koppe schrieb:
2009/11/1 Hans Horn:
I think I figured it out myself; seemingly I need to have /etc/alternatives
in my path before /usr/bin.

No, that shouldn't be necessary. Thes issue is with this:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 Hans None 9 Jul 14 16:30 /usr/bin/gcc.exe -> gcc-3.exe

That link should be pointing to /etc/alternatives/gcc. It does here anyway.
I had a similar problem (reported 2 weeks ago) with a different picture.
In my case, /usr/bin/gcc was not a link at all, but a copy of gcc-3.exe,
although /usr/bin/g++ had been properly installed as a link. Fixed this manually.
This might be an indication that either the script set-gcc-default-4.sh or its installation
may be somehow unreliable.
Thomas