Re: incomplete installs on AspireOne netbook

On 11/03/2009 10:54 PM, David T-G wrote:
Hi, all --

I am having a terrible time trying to install cygwin on our new Acer
AspireOne netbook (Win XP SP3 @ 1G).  I have tried downloading to a local
directory (my usual preference), installing from the 'net, and -- most
interestingly, to me -- installing from a copied download tree from
another laptop whose installation went exactly as expected.  In the two
download cases I get "doanload incomplete; retry?" right at the end but
haven't been able to figure out why.

Bad/incomplete mirror?

In the installation from the local
copy cases I get a short list of mostly-empty categories, which I figure
most definitely will not give me the right install.  Trying to install
from the 'net gives me more packages in more categories, but is still
missing some interesting ones -- like tar, for instance, being set to
"skip" by default (although perhaps because it wasn't listed in the first
run from the local copy or smoe such).

What do I need to do to get back to being able to install Cygwin?  This
is one error that has certainly never occurred for me before!

<http://cygwin.com/problems.html>

Or you can see if <http://cygwin.com/#beta-test> side-steps the issue.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746