Re: binutils: dlltool DATA exports incompatible with auto-import

Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:

>   While trying to build 2.28 I came across a possible
> incompatibility between the implib generated by dlltool and auto-import
> linkage:

  Thanks for the STC.  I'm pretty sure this is a real binutils bug, Kai and I
were discussing the amount of overlapping code between ld and dlltool just the
other day and it's no surprise that something has become inconsistent over the
years.  I'll use your testcase to generate a patch over on the binutils list
sometime in the next week.

    cheers,
      DaveK