Re: question on libtool usage/limitation

Marco Atzeri wrote:

> --- Gio 5/11/09, Dave Korn  ha scritto:

>> Perhaps you'd better show us how you've defined the libtool primaries,
>> liboctave_la_LINK/LIBS/LDADD/xFLAGS/whatever in particular.

> I suppose that I should replace the simple "-llibcholmod"
> with one of the methods mentioned in the libtool documentation:

> but I need to understand, which and how to specify the static lib
> /usr/lib/libcholmod.a (and the others)

  Perhaps you'd better show us how you've defined the libtool primaries,
liboctave_la_LINK/LIBS/LDADD/xFLAGS/whatever in particular.  I *think* (but
need to do some digging through my inbox to check up) that the solution is
going to be something like adding the explicit path to the .a file into the
correct one of them so that the objects from the archive are available to the
link but libtool doesn't try to interpret it as a library dependency.

    cheers,
      DaveK