Re: [1.7] Undocumented change in accessing by dos drive letters?

> Larry Hall (Cygwin) writes
> On 11/02/2009 01:29 PM, Jeffrey J. Kosowsky wrote:
>> I didn't see any documentation in the What's New/What's Changed
>> document saying that the following no longer works:
>> 		<cmd>  <drive letter>:
>> For example:
>> 	$ ls C:
>> 	ls: cannot access C:: No such file or directory
>>
>> This had worked fine on earlier versions.
>> This has broken several of my shell scripts so I am surprised it isn't
>> either documented (if a desired change) or fixed (if a bug).
>
> I agree it's worth documenting.
>
>> Am I missing something?
>
>> Note using C:\\ does work.

> C:/ also works.

Well, this brings up another seeming problem.

>From the cygwin shell, I can do tab-completion on drive letters to get
things like C:/usr/bin/ls
However, when I press return, I get:
      bash: C:/usr/bin/ls: No such file or directory
Which is understandable since the file is in C:\cygwin\usr\bin\ls
So, why is bash tab completion messing up here? (note the same behavior was
true in cygwin 1.5 too so this is not a "new" bug.

Note that completion does not work at all on the C:\\ format.
And completion works fine on the /c or /cygdrive/c format.