Re: Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal.

On Nov  6 13:53, Csaba Raduly wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm about to pack my bags and move from 1.5 to 1.7 (CYGWIN_NT-6.0
> EV0017A4D11749 1.7.0(0.217/5/3) 2009-11-03 15:06 i686 Cygwin) on Vista
> SP1, but one thing got me stumped.
>
> I log in to different machines (e.g. lab1) via SSH. For this purpose I
> created a number of desktop shortcuts, like this:
> Target: C:\cygwin\bin\run.exe rxvt --geometry 170x60+0+0 -e ssh -Y lab1
> Start in: C:\cygwin\bin
>
> These work fine.
>
> So I created a copy of this shortcut and edited it to
> Target: C:\cygwin17\bin\run.exe rxvt --geometry 170x60+0+0 -e ssh -Y lab1
> Start in: C:\cygwin17\bin
>
> When I double-click the shortcut to 1.7, the rxvt window comes up but
> the above error message (Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because
> stdin is not a terminal.) is displayed at the top and
> * the prompt does not appear although I can type commands
> * DISPLAY is not set correctly
> * joe does not run (Couldn't load termcap/terminfo entry), necause
> TERM is not set
> * vim displays a warning:
> Vim: Warning: Output is not to a terminal
> Vim: Warning: Input is not from a terminal

I tried this, too, and I can't reproduce it.  Is it possible that,
when you copied the desktop shortcut, you didn't fix the "Start In:"
directory in the shortcut, so that it still points to the Cygwin 1.5
bin directory?  In that case you have different processes running
under different Cygwin DLLs within the same session, which is not
going to work as expected.

Corinna

Red Hat