Re: Cygwin 1.7 perl build problems.

--- On Fri, 11/6/09, Reini Urban <rurban@x-ray.at> wrote:

> From: Reini Urban <rurban@x-ray.at>
>
> I posted the attached patch for Tk-804.028 in February 2008
> to this list
> to build Tk under cygwin. I believe the svn version at
> https://svn.perl.org/modules/Tk/trunk has
> this already.
>
> It builds fine, but there's still a known problem with the
>
> unix-eventhandler. I'll fix that when I have time.

Thank you very much. I wonder if the community around that module have just stopped producing new releases. Perhaps that would explain why a patch provided 21 months ago isn't in CPAN yet.

Have you encountered the other problem I mentioned, where saying

perl Makefile.PL

will, in some cases (like Text::CSV) result in a message saying that no perl 5 could be found? The only perl in Cygwin is a perl 5, so the message seems rather strange.