Re: Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal.

-------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> I tried this, too, and I can't reproduce it. ?Is it possible that,
> when you copied the desktop shortcut, you didn't fix the "Start In:"
> directory in the shortcut, so that it still points to the Cygwin 1.5
> bin directory?

No, I did change the "Start in" directory (the information was
copy-pasted from the shortcut properties).

In fact, C:\cygwin17\bin\run.exe started in C:\cygwin appears to work
better (probably because the Cygwin 1.7 run.exe launches the Cygwin
1.5 rxvt and ssh). Now the prompt appears but the tunneled X doesn't
work (which is as expected, because the X server is now from Cygwin
1.7)

--
Life is complex, with real and imaginary parts