Re: Redirecting stdin under gdb

On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 03:40:26PM +0000, Joe Crepeau wrote:
>> cgf wrote:
>> >
>> >It's never worked for me either, and now thanks to you I know exactly
>> >why, but I don't have any answer(*).  Sorry.
>>
>>I somehow missed the original message.
>>
>>The problem has not been fixed.  It is exactly what was mentioned.  I
>>do have the beginnings of a fix in gdb already.
>
>That's good news.  Do you have an estimate for when this will be
>finished?  Is there a work-around in the meantime?

No, I have no ETA.  Sorry.  I'm trying to get gdb 7.0 released currently
and I don't want to make any more modifications right now.

As for a workaround, you can either build a debugging version of the
Cygwin DLL and then set "CYGWIN_DEBUG=yourprogram.exe" or you could
modify your program to wait a few seconds before it starts and then
attach to it with gdb.

Also, PLEASE don't include the full header of the message you're
replying to in the body of the message.  It is pointless duplication.
In particular:

http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR

cgf