Lee Rothstein wrote:
I have a 'man' page for 'rand':

/usr/ssl/man/man1/rand.1

but no 'man' command.

Note:
--
$ cygcheck -c OpenSSL
Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status
openssl              0.9.8k-2       OK
--

How's come?

It appears that the 'rand' man page is actually for 'openssl rand'.

My bad. Thanks. Sorry. How silly of me to expect a rand(1) page to be for a rand command.
The next thing you know, I'll be expecting Corinna, Christopher and the rest of the Cygwin
core developers to make sense of Windows. Oh ... they have. ;-)