setup-1.7.exe replace on boot. Was it deprecated?

Hi,

I was wondering if the replace on boot feature in setup was deprecated
with setup-1.7.exe? I am trying to do an install via the following
command-line:

/cygdrive/d/Temp/setup-1.7 -L -r /cygdrive/c/cygwin-1.7 -l
/cygdrive/d/cygwin-1.7-downloads -P rsync -q

as an Administrator user on Windows XP (so no privilege elevation
issues, as far as I am aware). I am getting the following errors:

Installing file cygfile:///usr/bin/cygwin1.dll
io_stream_cygfile: fopen(/usr/bin/cygwin1.dll) failed 13 Permission denied
Failed to open cygfile:///usr/bin/cygwin1.dll for writing.
Not replacing in-use file cygfile:///usr/bin/cygwin1.dll

Now according to the command line options:

-r --no-replaceonreboot                Disable replacing in-use files
on next
                                       reboot.

replace on boot can be turned "off", if I had specified -r, which I
hadn't. That suggests that it is "on" by default. Shouldn't setup be
writing to a .replace, or such, suffixed file for replace on boot?

Regards,
Shaddy