Why do 'find' and 'ls' act differently on ACLs

As a newbie to Windoze/ACL security, I am probably missing something.
But...
Why do 'ls and 'find' seem to treat the ACL restrictions differently.

Specifically, 'ls /c/Documents and Settings/Administrators' works
while 'find /c/Documents and Settings/Administrators' returns:
   find: `/c/Documents and Settings/Administrator/': Permission denied

I would have thought that 'ls' and 'find' would be bound by the same ACL
restrictions.

Am I missing something basic here in my understanding?