ls and cd command don't use the same encoding

Under 1.7.0-63,64
With mintty
export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
export LC_TYPE=zh_CN.UTF-8

ls can list some directory in Chinese but cd command can't enter it.
If I set encoding to GBK, mintty works fine but ssh can't do so then.

$ cd /tmp
[Bambo@revenco-bambo /tmp]
$ ls
äæ
[Bambo@revenco-bambo /tmp]
$ cd ââââ/                                                  (I use tab
key to auto fill this line)
[Bambo@revenco-bambo /tmp/ââââ]
$ cd ..
[Bambo@revenco-bambo /tmp]
$ cd äæ                                                     (I input
the directory name, but can't enter)
-bash: cd: äæ: No such file or directory

[Bambo@revenco-bambo /tmp]
$ env | grep LAN
NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.ZHS32GB18030
LANG=en_US.UTF-8