[ANNOUNCEMENT] [1.7] Updated: cygwin-1.7.0-64

Hi folks,

I just uploaded a new Cygwin 1.7 test release, 1.7.0-64.

Changes in relation to 1.7.0-63:
================================

- Just as Linux doesn't find "foo.so" when calling dlopen("foo"),
  Cygwin's dlopen will not find "foo.dll" anymore.

Bugfixes:
=========

- Fix a regression in cygserver which made it non-functional.

- Fix a build problem which results in cygpath being linked against
  /bin/cygstdc++-6.dll accidentally.

- Try to make installation path and mount point recognition in cygcheck
  output more reliable.

- Fix a regression in /usr/include/ctype.h which results in compile time
  problems when using assignments inside of ctype macros.

- Don't attach .exe suffix when renaming Win32 binary files with certain
  suffixes.  This is work-in-progess-as-we-go-along.

- In case the user has no right to read a file's security descriptor,
  set stat's st_mode to have no "other" permission bits.  This is
  supposed to reflect the most probable permissions on this file for the
  current user.

- Don't create ESC sequences for ALT-key keypresses if key translates
  into a multibyte sequence.  This avoids stray bytes in input when
  pressing for instance ALT-ö (Umlaut-o) under UTF-8.

- Fix reparse point handling to recognize volume mount points
  (junctions) more reliably.

- Fix rename(2) so that it will return with errno set to EBUSY instead
  of EXDEV when trying to rename volume mount points.  EBUSY is what
  Linux returns when trying to rename a mount point, so that's
  semantically more correct.  Returning EXDEV results in mv(1) trying to
  copy over the contents of the source drive to a new directory on the
  target drive (cross-device move).  Uh oh.

FAQ:
====

- Q: How do I know that I'm running Cygwin 1.7.0-64?

  A: The `uname -v' command prints "2009-11-10 13:03"

Have fun,
Corinna

              *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***

If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there.  It will be in the format:

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:

Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.

Red Hat, Inc.