Re: Get cygwin X startup window console in notification area?

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 11:02 AM, Eliot Moss <moss@cs.umass.edu> wrote:
> I start X under cygwin using a Windows shortcut to
> C;\cygwin\bin\bash.exe where I have edited the target to add
> -login -c "/usr/bin/startx -- -unixkill -clipboard -multimonitors"
>
> When I run it, I get a icon for X windows (desired) but also a
> taskbar icon for the bash console (the one that is running
> startx).

You could use startxwin.bat
That would start the X server (in the notification area) and an xterm,
and then terminates.
I think the Cygwin 1.7 installer creates a shortcut for you in the
Start menu/Programs

Csaba
--
Life is complex, with real and imaginary parts