1.7 file permissions changes

I have a batch of Unix-based Perl scripts that I use for CD ripping. They use a queue-based approach. One process reads discs, another process encodes and tags them, and a third process uploads them to a file server. I've been running this on Cygwin for several years. I used cdda2wav to read data off the disc, but I switched to Exact Audio Copy on Windows sometime ago. I wrote an AutoIt ( http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/ ) script to control Exact Audio Copy. My script creates a directory in a specific place, then reads data off the CD into that directory. The encoding process notices when this directory is ready to be processed, then encodes it into a different directory and removes the incoming directory when it is finished. Recently I installed Windows 7 and Cygwin 1.7 from scratch and rebuilt all of the pieces of my system using the latest versions of all components. The encoder process is now failing because it is unable to remove the directory
 that was created by the Autoit script. The Cygwin process can read files created by the Windows process just fine, but it cannot create new files in that directory, nor can it delete any files or directories created by the Windows process. I have complete control of all directory and file creation on both sides of the Cygwin/Windows divide. Is there something I can do on either side so that the directory I create in Windows (using Autoit's DirCreate function) can be modified and deleted by Cygwin's Unix API?