No output on stdout

Hi

I have a command line application that does not have any output on
stdout on one computer (WinXP SP2) but works fine and doing output on
stdout on other computers (WinXP SP2 and SP3, Win7).

This is on cygwin 1.5. The application is compiled with g++ 4.3.2-2.
We have reinstalled cygwin from scratch on both machines (the one with
the problem and the one where the app is compiled) but with no
success.

Checking the archives I have found a similar thread about missing
stdout (back in April 2009). The solution there was to add some
compiler flags. We haven't tried this yet. Prior versions of the
application worked fine on the machine with the problem. And then why
is the app working fine on other machines.

I have now requested the output of cygcheck for that particular
machine with the problem to compare it to the other machines. A next
step would be to get gdb installed on the machine and see what

My question is now if anyone else has experienced similar problems and
what they did. Or if anyone could provide some hints on where to look
at.

THX.

Greetings,
/Federico