Re: Problem with rsync 3.0.6-1 [and 3.0.5] under 1.7.0-62 and 63 [and 64]

On Nov 13 07:31, Eliot Moss wrote:
> Oh, and in terms of BLODA, my antivirus is Symantec
> with on-access scan OFF. I've not seen other issues
> with it. I do have Windows Defender -- perhaps it
> causes the popups. I'm not entirely clear how I can
> turn it off. It was not previously a problem ...

I just switched on Windows Defender with realtime protection and it
doesn't have any effect as far as a_test goes.  It still works fine
for me.

Symantec could be a problem, even if on-access scan is switched off.
It installs DLLs which hook into the OS and could have undesired side
effects, like the one we're talking about.

Corinna

Red Hat