Re: Seems like treatment of NTFS ADS (foo:bar) changed between 1.5 and 1.7 but not mentioned in What's Changed

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 03:55:43PM +0100, Thomas Wolff wrote:
>Thomas Wolff wrote:
>> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>> Or, just for kicks, try to create a file "abc:def:ghi" under 1.5 or,
>>> FWIW, under CMD.
>> Well, I wanted to withdraw my arguments when I read this but then I
>> simply tried in 1.5 and it worked quite well...
>Where I visually mistook the second ":" for a "." however... (blush).
>Anyway, maybe some syntax could be found that would not be too harmful
>to become "reserved" for this purpose...
><end:of:rationale:for:weird:feature>

Sorry but I agree with Corinna.  On linux/UNIX you can create a file
with a colon in it.  We can now do this in Cygwin 1.7 and that's a good
thing.  Complicating the path handling to deal specially with colons in
a filename doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

cgf