Chossing the 'active' gcc version

I installed cygwin with the development tools package and I got two versions of
gcc (3.x and 4.x). In a cygwin shell, when I type 'gcc --version', I see that
3.x is the default. I also see that the mapping of the version-less commands to
the 3.x version is done through a series of links.

I've googled this to death and can't find an answer. There's got to be an easy
way to switch over those links to refer to 4.x, no? Some script or tool that
handles changing all the links?