Re: Interesting problem installing cygserver

On 11/22/2009 10:43 PM, Gregg Levine wrote:

<snip>

$ /usr/bin/cygserver-config
Generating /etc/cygserver.conf file
chown: changing ownership of `/etc/cygserver.conf': Permission denied

Warning: The following function requires administrator privileges!

<snip>

A good start is either you don't have administrator privileges
or a missing cygrunsrv binary.  Please check for both.

<snip>

I happen to have both. Cygwin was installed using the defaults on this
laptop who is running Windows Seven and this is the latest of the 1.7
installers.

So you started the terminal you're using with "Run as Administrator"?

Holliston, MA 01746