Re: [1.7] Updated: cygwin-1.7.0-65

Huang Bambo wrote:
The leak is a result of the parent process not calling wait(2) or
waitpid(2) to reap the child process.

There's some diffirence between cygwin and other *nix: In other *nix with this condition, those ended child process could be list by ps command with <defunc>tag

How much sense does it make to talk about zombies in the Cygwin world? As soon as the last Cygwin-using process dies, all these resources are freed up, right? Oppose a standalone POSIX kernel, where orphaned processes get reparented to init(8), which never dies until reboot, and the kernel can't be restarted without rebooting the whole machine. On such a system, zombies are all but unkillable, not like on Cygwin.

Maybe we need another designation. I suggest "undead skeleton". Easier to kill, especially if you have a mace enchanted with shock damage.

will you fix it?

PTC, I'm sure.