Re: Cygwin bash regexp matching doesn't treat "\b" properly

On Nov 24 17:23, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 10:18:27PM +0000, Eric Blake wrote:
> >So, in true open source fashion, why not write a patch that teaches cygwin's
> >regex(3) implementation that \b is a synonym to [[:<:][:>:]]?
> >[...]
> If anyone does this they should remember that Cygwin's regex is based on
> freebsd and making major changes to it is not something that we'd
> lightly consider since that causes potential merge conflicts later.

Actually, after having a look into Cygwin's regex, it turns out that
there were no changes since 2001.  The current FreeBSD implementation
also handles multibyte charsets correctly, which the Cygwin regex lacks.
We should replace it with a newer version really soon.

Corinna

Red Hat