Re: subversion issues with server certs in latest cygwin

On 11/25/2009 6:46 AM, Thomas Wolff wrote:
David Rothenberger wrote:
On 11/24/2009 11:59 AM, wyndsayl@aim.com wrote:

We have several people who have updated their cygwin setup in the last month or so, and after doing so subversion no longer wants to connect to our subversion server. The server uses apache and ssl with our own cert. After upgrading the subversion client no longer ask the "this cert is untrusted, do you still want to connect" question.

I'm not having any problems here with either Cygwin 1.5 or Cygwin 1.7.
I'd just like to add that I am experiencing a 1.7 svn problem, too, although not exposing certificate issues.
After enquiring my password twice (!?), it fails with a message
svn: Can't remove file '.../trunk/db/.svn/log': No such file or directory

1.5 svn works fine on the same repository.

I use Cygwin 1.5 my svn work at the moment, but I'll try switching to Cygwin 1.7 for a few days to see if it makes a difference.

This sounds like BLODA to me. However, svn has a patch applied that retries failing deletes and renames in an attempt to work around this issue. The same patch is in the 1.5 and 1.7 versions of svn, but it's entirely possible that the operation is returning a different error code in 1.7 or there's some different operation that's causing the problem that isn't wrapped with the retry macro.

If you can reproduce this, please send me the output of strace AS A PRIVATE EMAIL and I'll look into it some more.

Something like this, I think:

strace -b 100000 -o svn.strace svn ...

Just gzip it or something and email to me.

Volunteer Cygwin Subversion maintainer