Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] [1.7] Updated: cygwin-1.7.0-66

Am 26.11.2009, 16:58 Uhr, schrieb Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com>:

  This circumvents a few installation problems and decouples the Cygwin
  homedir by default from the Windows profile directory, which
  especially starting with Vista results in performance problems due to
  the new Explorer behaviour concerning "shared" files.  If you want to
  use the Windows profile dir as home dir, set $HOME or tweak your
  /etc/passwd entry accordingly.

Hi Corinna,

Thanks for showing this to me again, I'd probably let it pass by since Windows 7 wasn't on my screen back then.

Fair enough. A couple of hardlinks should then sort out the few cases where I can share a configuration between $HOME and $USERPROFILE when running both a Cygwin and a native Win32 version of the same application.

Good speed with the official 1.7!

Best regards

--
Matthias Andree