OpenSSH tunnel hanging

I am having a problem with my ssh tunnel hanging when anything higher
bandwith (e.g. YouTube) goes over it. I am starting my tunnel as
follows:

ssh -D7070 user@my.host.name.com

This is being run in urxvt on Xorg running under cygwin 1.7 on Windows
XP. The problem can be reliably recreated. I start up my tunnel as
described. I run firefox configured for SOCKS proxy at port 7070. If I
surf normal text based web pages, everything is fine. If I go to a
site like youtube, video hangs about 3 seconds in. At the same time,
my shell session will hang. If I close the youtube page, everything
returns to normal within about 10 seconds. If I leave the page up, it
will hang indefinitely.

I can do the same thing with a tunnel from PuTTY and everything works
fine. This seems to be limited to cygwin's openssh. It also does not
seem to be a simple bandwidth issue. I can use scp to copy files from
the same box at 2MB/s without issue. It seems to be only data going
over the tunnel that hangs things up.

I have checked the FAQ and did not see anything similar. I also see
nothing like it in the mailing list archive. I am happy to be
corrected if I have missed something.

cygcheck is attached

Thanks for any help you can offer.

--
Carl Flippin         | Any fool can write code that a computer
carlf@photocarl.org  | can understand. Good programmers write