1.5.25(0.156/4/2) XWin conflict with Microsoft Outlook 2003

I am encountering a peculiar problem with Cygwin 1.5.25(0.156/4/2)

The administrator has the package installed, with a vbs script that invokes a couple of batch files to get
Cygwin and X started, when starting a local xterm.

The first .bat file sets up some variables then does a

%RUN% XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error

sleep 5

%RUN$ xrdb  -merge /usr/local/bin/LOCALkeymap
%RUN% xset +fp /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/
%RUN% xset fp+ tcp/%1:7100
%RUN% xhost +

and then that script quits. The vbs then starts a batch file to start the xterm.
It sets a variety of variables, then executes

%RUN% xterm -bg steelblue -fg azure ksh

Once the XWin has started, MicroSoft Outlook 2003 has a variety of issues. Often it will not even
restore from being minimized. If it does restore, it does not keep its display bits refreshed consistently.
Also, copy and paste between Cygwin local xterm and Windows applications do not work.

If I close the xterm, the problem continues to exhibit itself. If I click on the X in the task bar and indicate exit,
the problem continues to exhibit. If I then look in the task manager, I see XWin.exe continuing to run. When I
end the XWin.exe task, then Outlook proceeds to function as expected.

The problem does not appear 100% of the time in the first moments of the process being started. However,
if left to execute for a longer period of time, it does eventually appear.  There are times where the problem
appears immediately after starting the XWin.exe. Even after a reboot of the desktop, the problem can appear
immediately.

Outlook is the primary program that appears to have a conflict, but I have occasionally seen peculiar behavior
in IE 7 as well as MS Word 2003.

Is this an issue that others have also experienced?
--
Tcl - It's the real thing. http://wiki.tcl.tk/
http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/ http://www.xanga.com/lvirden/