Unknown problems with cygwin-1.7 install on windows 7 host

I apologize for the vagueness of this post, but I dont know how to
track this down as the Windows error messages do not help much.

I have windows 7 professional, and just installed cygwin-1.7 beta.

As far as I can tell, the installation works and all is well with the
cygwin world.

However, the setup program itself is not interacting with windows 7 correctly.

I keep getting a windows 7 standard error message after the installer
runs all the setup scripts and gets ready to exit.

something in the clean up process (perhaps a registry key setting)
does not happen and windows knows it didn't happen and throws up an
message saying that the app likely did not install properly.

I'm still new with 7 so I don't know how to help isolate this, but am
willing to try if someone can give me some pointers as to how to
provide better information than what is here.

Thanks,

Rance