Re: Problem with bash script running under NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

On 12/02/2009 05:39 PM, Almo wrote:
Regarding Moss's suggestion, I did an echo `pwd` in there, and it IS in the
directory I think it is. I do an explicit cd command to make sure of that.

The missing slash is a typo in the message, sorry about that. I've copied
gzip.exe into my working directory, and I refer to it as ./gzip. It has
stopped telling me the file is missing.

However, it still doesn't zip anything. But it doesn't output to error.log,
and it doesn't get to the next command, either. I've tried removing the
existing .gz files in case it was a permission issue, but it still doesn't
produce a .gz file.

I've tried running the script again logged in as me, and it works fine. So I
don't think there are any majorly silly typos left.

Remember, SYSTEM is not you. It doesn't have your environment or your access rights. You need to be very careful and explicit with paths, files, and their permissions. Whatever permissions and paths you have in your environment has to be replicated in some way for things to work like they do when you run them.

Holliston, MA 01746