This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.7.1: Mintty/bash window start: -bash: regtool: command not found
- From: Andy Koppe <andy dot koppe at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 10:15:31 +0000
- Subject: Re: 1.7.1: Mintty/bash window start: -bash: regtool: command not found
- References: <4B31DB5D.email@example.com>
2009/12/23 Lee D. Rothstein:
> Just installed 1.7.1. ÂBravo, again.
> Everything seems to be working okay, but every time I start up a Mintty/Bash
> window I get the following
> error message.
> -bash: regtool: command not found
> Shortcut is:
> C:\_0\bin\mintty.exe --icon=c:\_0\cygicons-hippo-vista-0.dll,10 -
> 'regtool' does not appear in my profile nor my bashrc.
There's a regtool call in /etc/profile:
PRINTER="`regtool -q get '\user\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Window\Device' | sed 's/,.*$//'`"
I can reproduce this as follows:
- Leave a Cygwin session open.
- Run setup.exe
- Select reinstall for cygwin-1.7.1-1.
- Click next
- "in-use files detected" appears
- Click retry.
Strangely, 'retry' is accepted even without closing all Cygwin
processes. But it doesn't seem to make a difference to the outcome
anyway: regtool and also mount and ps aren't installed.
It can be fixed by reinstalling the cygwin package again, this time
without any Cygwin processes running.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple