This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: HEADSUP: Check mirror carefully when updating your 1.7 installation
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 10:11:04 -0500
- Subject: Re: HEADSUP: Check mirror carefully when updating your 1.7 installation
- References: <20091223113731.GH17465@calimero.vinschen.de>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 12:37:31PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>I just found an unfortunate side-effect of the move of the Cygwin 1.7
>release area. If you use the new setup.exe for Cygwin 1.7 on a mirror
>which hasn't catched up with the update yet, you are in danger to
>overwrite your 1.7 installation with a Cygwin 1.5.25-based installation.
Shouldn't you get a warning when you use a mirror that is no longer listed?
According to the source, you should see this message:
One or more mirrors you have selected is/are not on the
list of official Cygwin mirrors any more.
It/They may be out of date or missing some packages.
This affects the following mirror(s):
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple