Re: Re-installed cygwin 1.7 but still getting error running Perl

2009/12/24  <>:
> I am getting this error when I try to run Perl
> $ perl -v
> /usr/bin/perl.exe: error while loading shared libraries: ?: cannot open

Can you please post the result of
cygcheck /bin/perl

I just fixed the wrong setup.hint yesterday,
so it could be that you got a broken setup.hint with no dependencies at all.

You need those packages:
libgcc1 libgdbm4 libdb4.5 crypt libexpat1 libbz2_1

The mirrors should have been updated also, so you can try to
re-install perl, which would pull in the required dependencies