This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: "mount -a" has no effect on the cygdrive prefix
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 12:10:47 +0100
- Subject: Re: "mount -a" has no effect on the cygdrive prefix
- References: <COL102-W53B7D7862508B98E5C7168B5800@phx.gbl>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Dec 23 08:32, Karl M wrote:
> Hi All...
> With the last 1.7.0 version and with a clean 1.7.1 install on an XP Pro SP3 machine,
> if I edit my fstab to change my cygdrive prefix and then do a "mount -a", my mounts
> as shown by the mount command or catting mtab are not updated. I only tried it with
> the cygdrive prefix, not with other mounts.
The cygdrive prefix is explicitely ignored when calling mount -a.
The problem is, I'm not sure anymore *why* I did it that way.
I added it to my TODO list, at least to figure out the reason...
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple