This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
"update-desktop-database" seems to not work anymore.
- From: Claude Sylvain <csylvain at electro-technica dot com>
- To: Cygwin mailing list <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 10:21:09 -0500
- Subject: "update-desktop-database" seems to not work anymore.
- Just to report that "update-desktop-database" seems to not work
correctly on Cygwin 1.7.1. It was working on Cygwin 1.5.x.
- Furthermore, I notice the following things:
- On Cygwin, when calling "update-desktop-database" without parameter,
"update-desktop-database" exit silently!?
On a Slackware 12.1 GNU/Linux machine, calling
"update-desktop-database" without parameter make it display
the following message "No directories in update-desktop-database
search path could be processed and updated."
- On Cygwin and on a Slackware 12.1 GNU/Linux machine, there is no
"man" page for "update-desktop-database".
- On Cygwin, "update-desktop-database" do not display help when
calling it with "-?" or "--help" parameters.
These parameters work correctly on a Slackware 12.1 GNU/Linux
- On Cygwin, "update-desktop-database" seems to always return a
a value of "127".
On a Slackware 12.1 GNU/Linux machine, "update-desktop-database"
return a value of "1" when it fail.
- This problem make installation to fail when doing "make install"
on some projects; like "geda-gaf" project.
- The workaround I used to get rid of that problem is to replace the
call to "update-desktop-database" by something like "ls" in the
"Makefile" created by the autotools.
- Cygwin "setup" do not show any "update-desktop-database" package!?
So, it is difficult to go further more in the evaluation/resolution
of that problem.
From a Cygwin user.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple