This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygpath and spaces in filenames when reading from a file
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 13:01:29 +0100
- Subject: Re: cygpath and spaces in filenames when reading from a file
- References: <000801ca88a9$ec71c510$c5554f30$@com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Dec 29 17:11, Jon Beniston wrote:
> cygpath can read a list of paths to convert from a file, when started with
> -file. However, how do you specify paths with spaces in them in this mode?
> It seems quoting the path or using \ doesn't seem to work. E.g:
No, it doesn't. Space is used as the field separator in the file. I
assume we need an extension like allowing to specify another separator.
Another one for next year...
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple