Re: Help on configuring keyboard on Cygwin/x on Windows XP

2010/1/1 Gunnar Vestergaard:
> I prefer that Emacs accepts input from my Faroese keyboard, or at least
> Danish if need be. Whatever I do, the US keyboard mapping is in effect
> always. How do I change that? I mean, for every X11 application?

X questions should go to the cygwin-xfree list.

The X server has autodetection for a number of Windows keyboard
layouts for which it selects the corresponding X keyboard layout, but
presumably Faroese (abbreviated 'fo') isn't among them.

Hence you need to tell the X server yourself, using either the
-xkblayout option at server startup:

$ xwin -xkblayout fo

Or the setxkbmap command for a running server:

$ setxkbmap fo

Andy