Building core cygwin packages which only come with patch files over gnu.org packages

Folks,

Of course I can try to figure it out myself, but I wonder if anyone can give
me
a quick pointer on how to build core cygwin packages which only provide
patch
files over the orginal GNU source.

For eample coreutils-7.0-2-src.tar.bz contains:

coreutils-7.0-2.cygport
coreutils-7.0-2.cygport.sig
coreutils-7.0-2.cygwin.patch
coreutils-7.0-2.cygwin.patch.sig
coreutils-7.0-2.src.patch
coreutils-7.0-2.src.patch.sig
coreutils-7.0.tar.lzma
coreutils-7.0.tar.lzma.sig

I got the coreutils-8.2.tar.gz for gnu.org and I assume I apply to stuff
above
to it.  But how is that done?  There isn't a makefile.  Is it done manually?
assume they is a automated method but it isn't obvious what it is.

Regards,  Neil