Re: Building core cygwin packages which only come with patch files over gnu.org packages

On 03/01/2010 00:53, Neil.Mowbray@calgacus.com wrote:
Okay, so I get the general idea.  First you get the cygwin-src package.
Unpack it and
run cygport on the coreutils-7.0-2.cygport file with download option.

If you are rebuilding an existing source package, you don't need to download it again, the sources are already there.

This downloads the original gnu package and applies the two patch files.
coreutils-7.0-2.src.patch and coreutils-7.0-2.cygwin.patch.
> I assume the second patch is for cygwin specific files that
aren't present in the orginal gnu package -- is this correct?

Correct. There may be other patches as well, if PATCH_URI is defined.

Yaakov